So here I am having a second mid-week day off in as many weeks…finding space…switching my brain into a different gear. Away from strategy, notifications, budgets and schedules.
Work has been BUSY, projects have been intense and I’ve worked some Saturdays too. It’s a funny thing granting yourself a day off mid-week but TOTALLY possible when you’re freelance and let it happen.
I really believe to be the best we can be in work, at motherhood and in life we need to schedule days off and rest regularly. For me I helps give me more energy, creative thinking space and sharpness to be more coherent in all areas of what I’m doing. Re-connect to the magic! ✨💫
Here’s some of the things I get up to on my mid-week days off on my own… most of it connects me back to being a human being and is MUCH less about getting stuff done…I make sure to ignore my ‘to do’ list in part for at least half of the day and not check emails.
Here’s some items from my mid-week pause happy list…
- Make a coffee – and just sit and drink it. ☕️ at the moment frequently on the doorstep in the sun!
- Cleaning – it might sound a bit boring but I do love a bit of cleaning to Radio 6music, just getting on top of things makes me feel instantly calm and centred and things run smoother when we’re all busy.
- Write – haha here I am! I love to write – it’s a relatively recent thing but I’m a huge fan of writing and sharing parts of my world with the internet. I also find with more space I have flashes of inspiration.
- Send post – I love to make up a zero waste package and send to a friend – seeds, a note book, a picture from my little boy, an ‘iou’ things like that.
- Run – I’ve just picked up running again this year after having 6 months off! I found last winter hard and COLD and have just got my exercise Mo-jo back! Loving it. 🏃🏼♀️✨🌸
- Yoga – we are so lucky to have a studio in our home and it’s the perfect space for an afternoon chill out.
- Nap – yep I adore an outdoor nap – it’s so quiet round ours I have fallen asleep in the garden a couple of times already this year!
Plant flowers, press flowers, take photos of flowers! 🌷🌸🌷
What do you get up to on your days off?
Do you ever get a day without your children to just be? Can you handle a zero plans day?