Creativity Island for Mums- The Journal
My FIRST book is finally here! Click to get your copy
A journal AND best friend for those early motherhood days
Do you want to make space for yourself in your early motherhood years?
Do you want to slow down time and be in the present moment MORE?
Do you want to understand how you can better have time for yourself amidst all the pressures motherhood brings?
Creativity Island for Mums gives you;
- creative and productivity inspiration
- space to record, think, journal, note take, plan, think, day dream, doodle!
- comfort – it’s like a best friend you didn’t know you needed to hold your hand through those early motherhood years (most suitable for the first three)
The Journal is…
- beautifully designed by North East creative, mama and indie shop owner Ebony Newton of Dotty Black
- a co-collaboration between me, artist mama illustrator Josie Brookes and mama writer Danielle Slade
It’s really about YOUR individual motherhood journey you won’t find any 3/6/8 month boxes for worrying about sitting/ crawling/ walking here BUT there’s plenty of space if you want to write in the stories of those things in your own heartfelt way.
The pandemic brought us opportunities to feel into our life differently, to make more of what’s right here on our doorstep and this journal gifts space to you even if the outside world feels a million miles an hour.
This journal is part best friend, part notebook, part self discovery tool.
It’s spiral bound purposely so it lays flat and you can pop a pen in the spine, a5 size and has;
* over 30 blank pages for recording or scrapbooking your thoughts/ photos
* professional mentor (me) and artist led creativity prompts to help you weave creative activity and big dreams into your first motherhood years
* space and formulas for planning your life a little to help you find balance
* writing prompts to help you process your feelings around life as a mum and add lots of sparkle to your days.
It’s designed for mothers with little ones under three who are on a journey of healing and self discovery.
It allows space to process your thoughts, organise your ‘to-do’s and make space for creativity to bring joy to your days together with your little one.
- Buy it here.
It’s a book but also “a practical journal with prompts and blank pages without the BS of patriarchal progressive baby milestones! A brilliant gift for pregnant people or new mums”
I was just chatting to a mum friend who’s little one has started nursery and she said;
“The intensity of the last 3 years have been another level and then they go off to nursery and you’re just left staring at your cup of tea wondering what happened?”
I totally get it!
I created Creativity Island for Mums – The Journal because mothers who took part in my Arts Council Funded project Creativity Island said they found it hard to make time for themselves.
In fact, 97% said they struggled to find time to look after their own wellbeing and self-care was often if not always at the bottom of the priority list.
WHAT MY CUSTOMERS SAY:
“It arrived today and wow it’s amazing! Absolutely beautiful, so much wonderful content, so easy to follow and move through, the imagery is just gorgeous!!”
“I’ve literally just flicked through it and want to buy another two for pregnant friends”
“I wish this existed when my kids were small, it’s the perfect friend to mums”
“So creative! You must be over the moon, it’s such an up-level to all the baby milestone books where all the focus is on the baby. A real guide and support for the transformation mothers go through.”
“I love mine and can’t wait to write in it when I get the baby to bed…. Ooo which pen to choose!”
“I’m so grateful for receiving Creativity Island for Mums The Journal as a maternity leave gift. It was perfect timing – just as I was ready to turn my focus to labour and motherhood beyond. Claire openness and creative outlook chimed for me. The journal is great inspiration whilst guiding me to map, express and reflect on my unique journey.”
What’s more I’ve really thought of everything… the journal is also;
• spiral bound so it looks different to other books and notebooks you have lying around so you can easily find it.
• will lay flat so you can use it while holding the baby/ cuddling the toddler
• printed on recycled paper which will take ink from your favourite pens really well.