My Arts Council Funded project Creativity Island for Mums took place from October 2020 – January 2022.
I set out to create an engagement project for mothers to take part in arts activity and experiences together with their little ones under 7 during a pandemic.
Responding to the ‘stop/ start/ panic’ nature of ‘rules’ within government guidance gave me creative challenges along the way and I am proud to have created a set of experiences for mums both online and in person.
This page is part archive, part menu and hopefully a super simple navigation of where to go if you want to take part in the here and now. You are so so welcome.
Here are ALL the ways you can STILL take part in FREE (and ticketed) Creativity Island for Mums TUTORIALS online.
Join our Facebook Group. You are welcome to read the threads and watch my live videos for inspiration.
Online Courses and Downloads
1. DOWNLOAD – Picture Books and Postcards is a self paced feel-good project with just three simple steps. It takes place in your home and at your local postbox! If for you and for another mum friend you choose.
2. COMMUNITY CREATIVITY SPACE – This one’s just for you – Focussed on using creativity to enhance wellbeing in the postpartum period, I chat with Louise from The Calm Folk, Charlotte from Bloom Birth and Emylia Hall from Mothership Writers. You can also learn a visual journalling technique with our resident artist Josie Brookes.
I adore this space which helps you to capture those precious first years with your little one. The online space contains tutorial videos on;
– an introduction to ‘black out’ poetry to create art work
– collage artwork with your little one’s baby cards
– natural eco dyeing
And lots of journal prompts on
– unblocking your creative brain (even if you are sleep deprived…) to enhance your wellbeing.
This one costs £20 for access.
Creativity Island for Mums – The Journal
Co-created in partnership with writer Danielle Slade and Visual Artist and Illustrator Josie Brookes, Creativity Island – The Journal launched in October 2021 and was designed by Ebony Newton.
Everything and everyone who took part in Creativity Island for Mums (Nov ’20-21)
Feedback from our first Creativity Island project – Through our Festive Window
“Firstly, I definitely give your project 5 stars!
Secondly, I think this project is one of the things that has brought a little light to each of our days. I like how all of the exercises in the journal/ the Facebook group etc are all quite small and manageable. The exercises just for me were helpful on those days where I felt like I was exhausted and drowning. And the tasks such as the Halloween/ Christmas window were great for taking away that – ‘Sh**, what am I going to do with the kids all day?!’ feeling. My one year old loves the kitpas crayons now and we actually regularly wash off and reinvent our window now. Thank you Claire!”
Want to know more about my process, the tech I used, marketing strategies or how I made it happen?
For more information feel free to contact me.
For my youtube playlist of creative video tutorials and interviews posted as part of marketing this project click here.